Bringing Hope to the Community
It's more than a hot meal...it's hope.
The Meal Program
Meals on Wheels of Greenville delivers a nutritious, hot meal Monday through Friday to more than 1,380 homebound residents of Greenville County who have no means to prepare a nutritious meal for themselves and little or no support system to help them on a daily basis. For variety, menus are prepared on a 4 week rotation and vary based on a client’s diet restrictions, including vegetarian, renal, chopped, diabetic and pureed.
Our volunteers monitor the welfare of each client on their route. They serve as a link between our clients and the Advocacy Department’s resource network, which includes other community-based services such as transportation, home health services, financial services, home repair and handicap access modifications.
Pet Food Program
Many of our clients have dogs or cats and if food is limited in their home, they may choose to feed their Meals on Wheels meal to their pet, who may be the only companion they have. To ensure that both owner and pet have the nutrition they need to remain in their home together, we deliver pet food twice a month to more than 250 clients. We depend on donations of unopened dog and cat food to meet our client's needs, and they can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Meals on Wheels - 15 Oregon Street, Greenville
- Animal Supply House - 3312 South Carolina 153, Piedmont
- Camp Bow Wow - 602 Airport Road, Greenville
- Cleveland Park Animal Hospital - Greenville and Simpsonville locations
- Petco - 1140 Woodruff Road #401 and 3270 North Pleasantburg Drive, Greenville
- Powdersville Animal Hospital - 10920 Anderson Road, Powdersville
- Saluda River Pet Food - Greenville and Simpsonville locations
- St. Peter's Episcopal Church - 901 County Road 347, Greenville
- Tractor Supply Company - 206 South Main Street, Mauldin
Some area companies are giving discounts in exchange for pet food! To find out how you can take advantage of these generous promotions, click here.